Dorset LTA are actively supporting the Open Court Programme to encourage the growth of Disability Tennis in Dorset.
We have set up a Working Group and can now help, advise and possibly kickstart funding for certain projects.
In the first instance, contact us if you are interested in Disability Tennis, are considering or are able to set up a programme, or just need more information.
Email – email@example.com
We would like to hear from everyone interested in Disability Tennis so that we can set up a network to help promote interest in this project.
National LTA offer to tennis venues – See link below for more information.
The LTA have developed a package of equipment and support that will enable venues to increase opportunities for disabled people to get involved in tennis through being a part of our Open Court programme, this includes:
- Provision of an adaptive equipment bag with rackets, balls, net and range of equipment to make tennis more adaptable & fun (worth £350).
- ‘Flying visits’ with your coaches, volunteers and venue staff by disability development experts, providing disability awareness training so that they may assess their accessibility and inclusion offer.
- Funding support to cover start-up costs and get your activities up and running so that you have time to make them sustainable in the long term.
- Support with marketing and communications enabling you to effectively communicate with your local disability community.
- Invitation to networking events.
- Access to our specialist Disability Development Partners as ongoing support to help overcome any barriers you may face in your quest to be more inclusive.